A Certificate of Insurance (COI) provides your building's management company with a detailed overview of MakeSpace's insurance and liability coverage. If you have a MakeSpace appointment at an apartment or office building, check with your management company to determine if you need to request a Certificate of Insurance.
Requesting a custom COI typically takes 24-72 hours, so be sure to plan ahead!
Requesting a Certificate of Insurance
Once your MakeSpace appointment is scheduled, you can request a COI by logging into your account here. Please note that you can only request a COI for a scheduled appointment (you can't request one if no appointment has been scheduled).
Filing out the COI Request Form
- The appointment address will pre-populate based on the confirmed upcoming appointment. If you haven't filled out an Apt, Unit, Floor number make sure to do so here.
- Name of Tenant or Homeowner is typically your name unless your building specifies otherwise.
- Name and Address of Certificate Holder should come directly from the sample COI you obtained from your building, or from the requirements outlined by your management company.
- If your building requires additional insureds, click the 'Add' button to the right of 'Additional insureds'. This will open the optional field to add an additional insured.
- Be sure to click 'Add' after each additional insured is submitted (only press 'Submit' once you're ready to submit your Certificate request).
- Once you've added any/all Additional Insureds and you're ready to submit your COI request, click 'Submit'.
Once your COI request has been submitted, it will be sent to our insurance provider for review. You'll receive a completed Certificate of Insurance via email within 24-72 hours.
In some cases, a non-custom (or generic) COI will serve as proof of coverage. If you aren't sure, you can show your management company the following generic COI: