MakeSpace requires a completed Certificate of Insurance and signed copy of our Facility Access Agreement prior to the start of the appointment.
- Facility Access Agreement: Please have an authorized representative from your moving company review and sign the Facility Access Agreement.
- Certificate of Liability Insurance: A sample certificate with standard insurance requirements can be found here.
We ask that both the Facility Access Agreement and completed Certificate of Liability Insurance are sent to email@example.com at least 72 hours prior to the start of the appointment. If we don’t have these documents in advance, we can’t guarantee we’ll be able to complete your appointment.
Upon arrival, you can pull up directly to the loading dock. If you’re retrieving items, they’ll be pulled and ready. Reach out to our Customer Support team if you're not sure where to go when you arrive at the facility.
We ask that the account holder is present at the appointment to sign off on the condition of the items before they're moved, as well as confirm that everything is accounted for. If you will not be present for the appointment, understand that you are authorizing a representative from your moving company to sign off on the items for you.
What if I have MakeSpace bins?
- Any Makespace bins on your account must be unpacked and returned to us at the time of the appointment. If you would like to keep your bins for ease of transportation, you may purchase them for $15 per bin. Be sure to let your moving company know if you need them to bring boxes, and if they'll be expected to empty the bins and transfer your items during the appointment.
Can I keep the moving blankets?
- Any moving blankets used to wrap your items will be removed in order to inspect the condition of the items before returning them to you. Please ask your moving company to come prepared with alternate packing materials to ensure the safe transport of your items. If you'd prefer to keep the items wrapped for ease of transport, keep in mind that our team won't be able to inspect the items for damage. MakeSpace won't be held liable for any damage discovered after your items leave the facility (once they're unwrapped).
- If you'd like to keep our blankets on your items, they're available for purchase at $15 per wrapped item (even if the item is wrapped with more than one moving blanket).
What if I need to cancel or reschedule?
- If you booked your self-service appointment through the MakeSpace iPhone app, you can cancel or reschedule your appointment directly through the app. If your appointment was booked over the phone by a member of our Customer Support team, give us a call and we'll assist in making any changes. If you need to cancel or reschedule, be sure to do it 48 hours or more before the start of your appointment. If your cancellation or reschedule is less than 48 hours before your appointment we will have to charge you a $100 fee.
What happens if my moving company doesn't show up?
- We’ll try to get in touch with you and/or your movers (if we have their contact information). If they're a no-show, we’ll think they stood us up 😔. And we’ll have to charge you a $100 no-show fee. We don’t like doing this, so please don’t stand us up. 😁
Dos / Don’ts:
DO arrive within your scheduled window—other customers may need to use the loading dock, so we can only have your items available during your scheduled appointment time.
DO wear closed-toed shoes and stay in designated areas—we want everyone to be safe at our facility and don’t want to step on anyone's toes!
DON’T dilly dally at our loading dock—as we mentioned, other customers may have appointments on the same day. This appointment is to simply pick up your stuff—please refrain from using our loading dock as a showroom to sell your items (yes, it’s happened!) or to re-organize everything in your storage account. This creates an operational and safety hazard for our warehouse team.
DON’T take photos inside the facility out of respect for other customers’ belongings.